The island of Samui has four ferry piers. Nathon is the main port of arrival and departure by ferry in Samui. Bangrak Pier is situated to the northwest of Samui, and is the main port connected to Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. Lipa Noi Pier is of a smaller size and is connected to Donsak Pier. Last but not least, Palarn Pier has ferries to get to the two islands aforementioned, and to Suratthani, but for convenience we recommend to only go to Nathon and Bangrak pier due to its accessibility of transportation services, making it cheaper and easier to go around the island.
Getting to Koh Samui
Direct Flight From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Samui International Airport
Bangkok Air / Thai Air
Approximately 1 hour or 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach you destination.
Downside is, its expensive.
Airplane and Ferry From Donmuang airport to Suratthani Airport
Air Asia included ferry to Lipa Noi Pier at Koh Samui
Nok Air included ferry to Nathon Pier at Koh Samui
Lion Air / Air Asia / Nok Air → Buy ferry ticket at Surat Airport → Nathon Pier at Koh Samui
Approximately 5 hour or 6 hour to reach you destination.
Train and Ferry
Hua Lam Phong Station → Surat Thani Station → Nathon Pier at Koh Samui
Approximately 16 hour or 17 hour to reach you destination.
Cheapest option of travel but the longest, would recommend the night train.
Bus and Ferry
From Kao San Road → Koh Samui (Lomprayah, Seatran and Raja)
Approximately 12 hour or 13 hour to reach you destination.
Getting to US Hostel
There are 4 piers
- Van Shuttle of Raja Ferry is 200 baht per person booking online 1 day in advance
- Taxi (800 – 1000 ฿)
- Taxi (600 – 800 ฿)
- Red Truck (It’s like an open taxi that drop people on main street 100-150฿ stop at Bophut Market)
- Shuttle Van (150฿ dropping you off anywhere on the island)
- This pier belongs to Lomprayah they transfer around the island 150 /per person
Bang Rak Pier
- This pier is belong to Seatran
- Taxi (300-400฿),
- Public Transport (It’s an open taxi that drops people on the main road, costs are around 100-150฿ to Bophut Market)
If you arrived Koh Samui and you are struggle to get here with Taxi please call me this number 095-4271525. I will help you talk to taxi.
Raja Ferry www.rajaferry.com